Fines review process
There are grounds under which enforcements may be reviewed.
Fines Unit enforcement review
A review may take place if:
- you have already paid the fine
- the Issuing Authority failed to receive your election to be prosecuted, statutory declaration, or other required document
- you failed to receive a notice required by legislation
- procedures required by legislation were not followed
- the expiation notice should not have been given to you in the first instance
- due to exceptional circumstances, there was not a reasonable opportunity to elect to be prosecuted
- due to exceptional circumstances, there was not a reasonable opportunity to apply for review of the expiation notice.
The charge for a review is $25.75. To request a review, you must complete a form, submit to the Fines Unit and pay the fee within 30 days of the notice of enforcement. Please note you may be asked for evidence to support your application.
The review is undertaken in accordance with Section 22(10) of the Fines Enforcement and Debt Recovery Act 2017 (SA).