Ways to pay
There are many ways to pay a fine: online and over the phone; by post and in person.
Have your fine notice handy when you want to pay, and be ready to quote your Fine reference (in the top right of the notice sent by the Fines Unit, called an 'Account Number' on older notices).
Where you can pay
Online - pay online today via Fines Online Services.
Over the phone - call 1800 659 538 to pay online by credit card 24 hours a day, 7 days a week via our automated service.
Via post - Complete the form at the bottom of the notice (received from the Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit) and post to
Fines Enforcement and Recovery Unit
PO Box 288
Rundle Mall 5000
In person - at any of the 300 Post Offices around the state (see the Australia Post website for locations), and the 20 Service SA customer service centres across the state.
- Credit card (MasterCard and Visa)
- BPay (via phone and online with Biller Code 465450)
You will also require your Payment Reference Number to complete a BPay transaction
- Cash and EFTPOS (in person)
- Cheque / money order (via post, or in person, address cheques to the 'Fines Recovery and Enforcement Officer')
- Direct Debit (payment arrangements only)
- CentrePay (payment arrangements only)
If you need to spread your payment over a period of time, you can request a Payment Arrangement (fee may apply). A payment arrangement application fee will apply on new expiation notices. Need to set up a Payment Arrangement?